Venue Coordinator for Weddings and Events
We are currently seeking a day-of site manager for weddings and events, primarily on evenings and weekends. Shifts are shared between a small team of venue coordinators, averaging about one event per month. Each event can last anywhere from a few hours to a full day (8+ hrs). VCs earn approximately $200-450 per event (no less than $25/hr). This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for periodic work in a fun, dynamic environment on a long-term basis.
Primary duties include:
- For weddings, running the dress rehearsal for the wedding party, acting as day-of site coordinator, answering questions and solving problems during the event.
- Acting as a building monitor before, during and after events to ensure all facility rules and guidelines are followed and enforced when necessary.
- Acting as the main point person between the client and the venue prior to the event to schedule deliveries, answer general questions, etc.
- Minor set-up and clean-up of space, though no janitorial work is expected or required.
- Event and/or customer service experience strongly desired.
- Professional presentation with calm demeanor under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- On-site availability evenings and weekends at least once per month plus availability for regular phone/e-mail communication prior to events.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift at least 25 lbs.
Please respond with qualifications, availability, and relevant experience and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org